Monday, July 14, 2014

GT Shand Contracting

Short version: Don't hire these people if you would like quality work in a timely fashion.
GT Shand Contracting, GT Shand Roofing, G.T. Shand Contractors, East York, Toronto
Will this be a positive or negative review? That will depend on whether they get the work done before July 30th. This project has been lagging, but they seem to be back on track, and working every day.
UPDATE - AUGUST 11th: They told me (again) the door would be on the room last Wednesday or Thursday. Nope. This project has taken TWELVE WEEKS and they don't even come every day. There are few pieces left to go - if the team just came and worked hard for 2 days, it would be totally done.

UPDATE - AUGUST 16th: Trevor phoned me yesterday saying that he would be here at 9am today and finish up all of the leftover bits of the job. It's 11:57 and they're not here. Surprised? I'm not.

UPDATE - AUGUST 18th: Nobody showed up today. Did I mention this project started MAY 21st, and has been "nearly done" for over a month? They just won't come finish the job.

The job was finally finished August 20th. That's 13 weeks. Some of the work was extremely shoddy - I had to have my handman friend rehang the door. I'm no expert, but I shouldn't have to fling my entire bodyweight at a door to bash it open, right? There are holes that need filling, the door needs to be sealed with outdoor paint, there are many things I'll have to do myself.

I'll post photos of some of the crappier bits of the job when I have a chance. I'm still recovering from this completely shittastic ordeal.

Speed - Quality - Price
They say no matter what the project, pick two. Hmmm. How about one? I guess the price was okay... if the room doesn't fall apart.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 PM , Blogger Dona said...

We had the same experience on a roof/ minor framing and eve trough job

They dragged it out 2 weeks! A roof

Start at 8 30 am quit by 3 30 pm

I missed my calling in life

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home