Monday, August 20, 2007

review of my zine Life So Far

www.shebytches.com/lipstikzines.html




Cynthia Gould it seems, is a genius. Life So Far is proof of this. Issue three of her zine is filled with stunning photography and art, witty journal entries, poetry and random thoughts. It’s a fun, quick read and a great way to keep your sanity during a subway ride to work in the morning.

I am madly in love with the poem buddha at the crosswalk and the photo that accompanies it. As with anything I’ve read of Cynthia’s you need to expected the unexpected and that is exactly what I got with this poem.

‘one heart stand’ is my other favourite from this zine. Cynthia talks about the one heart stands of her past using humour and emotion to catch our attention. And catch it she does.

Whether you enjoy clever writing or are an appreciator of beautiful art, I suggest you pick up this zine. After you have read it, put it on your coffee table with your other coffee table books. This zine deserves to be seen.



****



um... i guess that means i should get cracking on issue #4?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home